Monday, September 03, 2007

I'ma get on this TV mama...





I started Am I High over two years ago because the Neptunes were winding down one of the greatest production runs in history. They were making classic R&B hits (U Don't Have to Call) and slept on soulful music (Steal Away). They could whip out crazy noises and blow my mind (remember the first time you heard Drop It Like It's Hot) and stick to their formula of tight snares and synths (Mr. Baller) and still blow my mind.

Obviously, I have not updated this website as much as I should have. I am now studying for the semester at the University of Copenhagen, and would like to put some more time into this. That's by no means a guarantee but basically THE NEPTUNES MADE SICK BEATS and I would like to go back to the time when I would hear one of their new cuts and my jaw would drop and my eardrums explode (Remember the first time you heard On & On?)

Oh and the new Kanye album goes hard.

\\//

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think the neptunes suck these days?

5:04 AM  
Blogger M.A.T.T. said...

suck? no

i think they were on point with HHNF
i'll pass on the new twista song and the shit they did for gwen stefani
no time 4 no's is pretty dope

but of the last couple years (excluding hhnf) how many of what i like to call "oh shitters" - beats that make you shit your pants - have they dropped?
not many considering back in their heyday i used to hop on #theneptunes daily and be amazed

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i see your point... i used to hop on #neptunes too, dont know if it even exists anymore, or if mika is still coming up with the goods...

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't deny their work is (was?) tight. They were prolific and opened a lot of noses. Hey, they got me to listen to Britney! But I wonder how tight all this is gonna sound ten years from now. You know? The NERD album made analog sound hard (I'm old skool, can't help it). Performances are one thing, but a sound that's not gonna sound crusty to our kids, that's where I'd put my money.

11:29 PM  
Blogger randy said...

Hi, very interesting post thanks for sharing. Can I contact your through your email. Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387 at gmail.com

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home