Thursday, July 14, 2005

After party in the parking lot...



I saw this shit over on OKP and had to put up an mp3.

E-40 - Da Dummy

It sounds like Turf Talk's on the hook but I don't really know. Anyways, this track is shit hot. I think the electric toms have BEEN played since Wait (E-A-Ski's bite for Bang It bothers me every time I hear it), but whatever that burping, moving, panning synth is, it's insane. That makes the track. 40 Water is on the top of his game here, too, chopping and stuttering his way through the beat.

While most Bay artists that have been around through the G-Funk era sounded way hotter 8 years ago, I think E-40 has been solid on the new Rick Rock "Hyphy" sound. Automatic. Gas, Break, Dip, etc. His style matches all these buzzing keys and insane drums well enough that I don't miss the Zoom or Hope I Don't Go Back Fonzarelli that much. I'm not saying he's better now, but I'm certainly not complaining.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the hook is Mistah F.A.B, check out his album "Son Of A Pimp", he's got this single out in the bay called "Super Sic Wit It" it's RIDICULOUS.

I've heard alot that Droop-E (E40s son) did that beat, but I'm also hearing that Bosko did it so.. I don't know, but that shit is NUTS.

5:01 PM  
Blogger M.A.T.T. said...

Yeah rumor has it Droop-E laced it, that's what I've been hearing too.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home