Friday, July 08, 2005

Chained Down.




Rio Rocket Valledor over at That Good Good was (un)kind enough to tap me for the chain letter music thing.

Holla.


Total number of books I've owned: Damn, I'm guessing like 500ish. That's a lot for an 18 year old, but my reading game is ill. Never thought I'd ever type that. Moving on...
The last book I bought: Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell. Eye opening.
The last book I read: Blue Blood, by Edward Conlon. Memoirs of an NYPD detective. Absolutely fascinating.
Five books that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
1. The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman - really got me into reading.
2. Native Son, by Richard Wright. This and the work we did around it in school was eye-opening.
3. Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim, by David Sedaris. Hilarious.
4. Devil In The White City, by Erik Larson, non-fiction about a serial killer in Chicago during the World's Fair.
5. Harry The Dirty Dog. When you were a little kid, absolutely NOTHING could fuck with this book.

Number of Films I own on DVD and video
Five? Maybe. I never buy movies.
Last Film I Bought
Pulp Fiction. It's sort of a must-have.
The Last Film I Watched

Se7en. Fucking crazy.
Five Films That I Watch A Lot
Traffic
Good Will Hunting
The Sting
Pulp Fiction
Dodgeball
If I could be any character in a movie
George Jung in Blow. That part where he walks through the airport in the white suit is so bad ass. And I'd get a really cool gun.

Total Volume of Music on My Computer
27.54 GB. Not bad.
Last CD I Bought.
I have the new Slim Thug on pre-order. I'm counting that.
Song Currently Playing
Mike Jones feat. Slim Thug & Paul Wall - Still Tippin' (Diplo Remix)
Five Songs I Listen To A Lot
Jim Jones feat. Juelz Santana & Cam'ron - Crunk Muzik. You could try and make a better song than this but I doubt it would happen. The beat matches their swagger impeccably. Christ.
Foreign Exchange - All That You Are (Nicolay Remix) - This joint is so happy. I fell asleep with this beat on repeat.
Devin The Dude - To The X-Treme. When I'm faded, there is no better song. Ever.
Justin Timberlake feat. Clipse - Like I Love You. This song is sooooooo overlooked. Neptunes guitarfunk beat + JT's best MJ impression + Push & Mal = One of the dopest songs of the past 10 years.
Jaylib - The Heist. This beat is straight gutter. We need a remix with Styles and 1998 DMX in the worst way.


I'll tap some more people later.

EDIT: I select Binkle to kick things off.

1 Comments:

Blogger rio rocket valledor said...

yo
did you get that acoustic version of 'like i love you' by bellx1?

if not i'll email it to you...

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home