Saturday, February 18, 2006

BRING DA MOTHERFUCKING RUCKUS...



I went to the show in Ft. Lauderdale last night, and that shit was out of control. I don't remember much but here is what I do remember.

We got there at like 10 (the doors opened at 9) high as fuck and hyped to see Wu. They predicatably took FOREVER to get on stage, they didn't come out until like 1, and people were booing the DJ (who the fuck plays Dear Mama at a concert?) after he ran out of songs. ANYWAYS, Trife came out and did Biscuits, people were like ok let's get them out.

Here is the part that you cannot underestimate - when you go to a concert and just see these legends chilling on stage. I would jump at the chance to see Rae, or Ghost, or RZA live, but seeing the entire Clan is an experience that I can't describe, you just have to find a way to be a part of it.

I don't really remember the songs they did, but they basically ran through every classic, the highlights were Triumph (the whole place spit Deck's verse), CREAM, Method Man, We Pop (RZA spraying the whole crowd with champagne), Da Rockwilder, Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing To Fuck With (place WILDED) & Run. Also, for Cherchez La Ghost, Ghost brought up like 20 girls out of the crowd and had them grind on him, while the whole crew was yelling shit like "Get your pussy moist". It was probably the most absurd thing I had ever seen.

Let me just break down how the whole crew was, Meth was by far the most charismatic (and fucked up) and got the crowd into it more than anyone. Ghost (who was way bigger than I expected) and RZA were the other ones who got the most hyped, while Rae & Deck just lamped in the back and then spit their verses. They all sounded good live, except maybe GZA, I couldn't really understand what he was saying. Even U-God, Masta Killa & Cappa came and spit nicely.

All I can really say is it's an incredible experience, I can't overstate how ill it is to see all these dudes onstage together (RIP ODB) and they still have their chemistry.

And yeah, this isn't very good writing or whatever, I don't care, the day has been a waste and my goal is to give you an idea of how the concert was and encourage you to go, not flex my literary prowess.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good story man. do u have any pics?

11:02 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

Nice write up, dude. I forgot to mention in my joint how much I enjoyed watching everyone running all over the stage during "Run." It has to be one of the most reliably hilarious things in hip-hop right now.

10:18 AM  
Blogger M.A.T.T. said...

haha word, them weaving in and out of each other had everyone rolling

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy. i gotta see the Wu before its all said and done. incredible story matt.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... island kitchen wood Soccer cyclones joplin rahman ringtone airtel Tenuate 75mg dospan compare side effects bextra vs aleve Are surveillance cameras at universities legal Resume and project manager and software developer cozy airplane2c subaru engine

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... car seat covers for dogs

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home